29 February 2012

Leaping In To My Day

Happy Leap Day
Today started off strange. My alarm went off at 7am... it's set for 5:45am and 6:01am. Not only did it go off at 7, but when I rolled over to shut the *censored* screeching off, the plug came out of the wall. The option to just lay there "9 more minutes" was taken away from me. Looking back, that was a good thing.

Later, I got a text from Elvis - he overslept. He got up at 6:04. Okay, it's only 19 minutes later than his usual, but it was enough to start his day behind. He made it to work on time, but that was mostly a stroke of luck.

We almost escaped February untouched by snow. Almost. To make up for lost flake-time, the 3-6 inches we were told we were getting has been bumped up to 6-10 inches. Let me tell you how thrilled I am about that.

Ya.... keep waiting, not going to happen!

I decided that the oven needed to be cleaned. Nothing tells you that dinner is ready like having the smoke detector go off. The other night, dinner cooked over and I had to spray the oven last night. I spend the morning with my head shoved in the oven. Literally. I am all of 5'2 and have the wingspan of a T-rex.

So, here I sit with sore arms, a hair style that looks as if I primped in a hurricane, and considering a life without baked items...

Ya... that's not going to happen either! (Although, I had thought about a NuWave oven in the past)

No comments: