14 January 2012

Unbox Boredom!

I wish I had something exciting to post about today.  The sewing machine is still jammed with what was to be a napkin, the checkerboard scarf is still being worked on, I am almost finished watching all the Keeping up Appearances videos. I already went to the bank, the grocery store and the gas station. The food is put away. Brunch is being eatten as I type this.

See?

I'M BORED!

I don't even have making dinner to look forward to tonight. Elvis is once again taking over the kitchen to make some chicken dish a co-worker was talking about. It must be a "guy thing" secret recipe because he won't tell me what's in it.

Oh, I know! I'll make some Cake Box Cookies!!!

1 (8-ounce) brick cream cheese, room temperature
1 stick butter, at room temperature
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (18-ounce) box cake mix
Confectioners' sugar, for dusting

Preheat oven to 350
In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
Beat in the egg. Then beat in the vanilla extract. Beat in the cake mix.
Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to firm up so that you can roll the batter into balls.
Roll the chilled batter into tablespoon sized balls and then roll them in confectioner's sugar.
Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
Bake 12 minutes.

No comments: