26 June 2010

Help! I'm trapped under a yarn-slide!!!

Today I decided it was too hot to be overly domestic. I pulled the curtains closed, turned the fan on and grabbed the yarn stash.

I took a break from the Yule list and wanted to do something fun, easy yet still needed.


Elvis, Diva and I are taking our vacation at the end of July. I plan and plan, and the more I wonder what will be available, the more things I think I need to take with us. Exactly how much -does- a Yaris hold???

~~~ The "What if the cabin doesn't have pot-holders" Potholders
This was super simple, and if I need them I have them, if not... well, they make cute coasters. I used 2 strands of Red Heart Super Saver together (yes, they should pay me for my loyalty) and used size 9 needles.
Cast on 4
Row 1: Knit
Inc: K2, YO, knit to the end 
(repeat Inc. until 25 stitches)
Dec: K1, K2tog, YO, K2tog, knit
(repeat Dec. until 4 stitches and bind off)






~~~ The "I don't want to bring my wallet" Wallet
I used 2 strands of Red Heart Super Saver together and used size 10 needles.
Cast on 34
Row 1: K2,P2
(repeat until 8 inches)
(1) K2,P2,Kx,P2,K2
(2) K2,P2,K2,Px,K2,P2,K2
(repeat 1 & 2 - 5 times)
K2,P2,K4,yo,k2tog,Kx,k2tog,yo,K4,P2,K2
K2,P2 (for 5 rows)
Bind off in pattern
Fold-up bottom of the bag to 4"
Sew sides together, sew on button


TADAH!!

No comments: